Saturday, November 04, 2006

New Way to Blog : Title : ACM Manila

New way to blog

I tried to write a blog right after I came back from Manila, 6 days ago. I wrote some paragraph, insert some picture and tried to blog my Manila trip as what I did for Taman Negara Trip but at the end, I pause and cancel that post. I think there are 2 reasons I cannot blog it, I mean I failed to blog. One is because I don't have the mood and feeling. I don't feel like writing a long, casual, detail post. Second is because I up to something in my life which I addicted to -- Game Coding. I am coding for Hatchlings Games and I really enjoy coding more than bloging :P.

Giving up bloging is not an option for me, I can't stop this, this is fun and I had my friends who frequently viewing my blog (Thanks for the support). So i figure out a way, a solution which will make me easier to blog and, update oftenly, I blog shortly. New blogger has the option of Labeling the post, it is a good idea so that I can blog shortly, and label them. Even post not according to time line is fine :)

So...here I go...

ACM Manila

Actually we brought a bad news back from Manila. Both MMU team did bad at the ACM Manila. MMU Cannibals able to solve only one question and my team, MMU SJK was able to solve NO question in 5 hours time. Ya, what a shame result we got all the way from the Manila. Anyway, we earn the experience and lesson which taught us that we are still kampung programmer. Lol. Don't worry, I'm not upset or depressed, It's over and I got my energy boost to do better in everything :) Lets talk about the competition itself.

There were 82 team from 9 different country joined the ACM competition (actually half of the teams are Philipines team). The venue for the competition is very small, packed. each team need to sit face to face to other team (Lame... the team in front of us is the 1st runner up of Philipines team, they solved 4 questions). We saw a lot of Chinese from HK (HK got the champion, they solved total 8 out of 10 questions *Salute* and their team is 2 boys and 1 GIRL!), China, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia. Japanese (grap the 1st runner and 2nd runner up for the competition, both solved 7 questions) and Korean. Surpising (and also depressing) is, there are a lot of girls participants. Many mix group but there was a team from China, all 3 are girls (they solved 3 questions :( ).

This year Manila's question is hard. Very unexpected we cannot solve even ONE. I felt so sorry and sad to the people who ever wished me, and putting some little hope on me, totally failed. Other team can solve very good. I think we lack of experience, preparing and HEART. Well, I guess I learnt this hard lesson pretty much. If there any chances, I want to be in this competition again and I want to archieve better. SJK!!!


I think I just stop here for the night. Hope this type of short blog can last too :P

Today Feeling : - : - : Holidays is leaving me