Thursday, June 29, 2006

Entering C# and Java

The reason for the switch

Wait...what? C# and JAVA? These two are totally not making any sense with all my previous post, I said direct X is it? Well, i ain't giving up in learning Direct X. Actually 3 ppl asked me how was my progress in DirectX today, make me shame to answer that i didnt progress for nearly 5 days. What I did was just watching drama, watching Naruto E-ComicBook, Chatting with friends, dinner with friends, Tennis with William Basketball abit with leongi, thinking of my korean Teacher ( this is just kidding...).

I think things just getting into the life in almost the same time. I have to learn C# in fast pace to meet Hatchlings Games latest game design. .Net language is the base language for the game. Well, this is a good reason for me to start getting .NET language in my dictionary. I return my Vertex shader to library and brought out another book written by Jesse Liberty about C#. I read this book before at KLCC's Kino Kuriya, and i spend like 3 hours just sitting there to read that book. I lock this book as my first book as if I going to start leaning the .NET language and MMU's library always updated with the latest book which can borrow for free and unlimitted renew (as i know... i borrow a book for 10 weeks last sems :P).

I am going to take Java this semester for the subject named Object Oriented Programming. yea, everyone think of Java when talking about OOP (i personally is C++ fans and i think C++ is a better OOP language with the pointer manipulation in C++, please fix me if i were wrong). Well, the funny thing for Java and C# syntax is....nearly 70% alike. Especially when I start this two language and almost the same time. I mean actually start learning (I learn Java at 2003 myself and C# at 2005 - 3 hours in KLCC).

(What a hot night......)

C# and Java??

Is leaning C# and Java at the same time is a good idea, I don't have the answer now. So far it's cool since the style is nearly the same for beginner stage. I not sure is these two language going to be use by me or not in the future, but no doubt these are critical langauge to learn in this time.

C# is the center of .NET language. .NET is a very awesome framework for Microsoft enviromant. Well, who not using window's OS when watching my blog? (and whose windows is original :P). The very good thing of .NET is the cross language usage. I not really sure how to name it and what actually is it. The main idea is all .NET language can actually use in a same program. Direct X can be code in .NET framework, named Managed Direct X (i hope i don't get this wrong, again). Using C++ to code Windows application is a tedius work, not much people like to use C++ to code simple windows application. This is the reason why .NET framework get famous quickly (my guess). Back to GameDev. C# is a very good language for coding simple windows base game with direct X (2d? well, this is because not willing to use any game engine and game framework), and this is why i am learning it now.

Java is a very famous cross platform language. Mobile, any PC, web are full with java application. I personally think that .NET replaced Java in PC application (Windows only...). Java still hold it ground in Mobile as i know (correct me if .NET attacking mobile too) where J2ME seem is the best language to use in handphone. SEGD going to learn J2ME at 2nd year 3rd sems which using J2ME to make some mobile game, well, looking forward for it. Kuan doesn't like Java anyway. He thinks it's not effective, high level and limitted game's coding language. I heard Kevin(Lead artit of Game Brains) said :"Some people use Java to code a Quake 3 game, run smoothly in current PC, where Quake3 actually run smoothly 5 years ago with C++ and OpenGL). *Chak* the picture.

Carry on the LiFe

Was busy with GDC thingy. Booth, meeting with comm, planning and such. Actually something really pissed me off about GDC, I don't mean the new Comm or the club. I refer to some Inactive or not involved people actually talking bad and trying to bring trouble to the club. Too many things involved and i don't think it is good to say it here. ** at this point, i deleted 2 paragraph which i typed out, but, after consideration, i deleted it. **

Not fair to talking bad about other people and I don't want to be Asshole who just know complaining and sitting there talking crapz. I never mean so hard to become GDC's comm, I don't want it in first place. The fact is, i don't want some other random people who know how to use words to decorate him/herself in the public and get the post in Hi-Comm AGAIN i mean, "again" and do shit in the club. Joining GDC was my 2nd target in joining MMU. I dont want it dead in my time in MMU. If i failed my job in GDC, i will feel shame and not just hitting the butt and say "i quit".

Open Election of Hi-Comm is a fair system to elect someone to lead the organization. Fully agree. But condition apply. The election must Vote by people who actually know each other and know everyone's strength. Mean, Vote is dedicate to people who active involve and show up for activities. Non-member or Inactive, stand aside a cry. Some "Uncle" i mention previously wanted GDC to vanish, because we stuck our leg into his asshole few times and just playing game and making noise by shaking his hi-pay salary chair. Some forbidden club action such as Intra-Election will give him the right to ban us. Yea, ITS doing intra-election as well. Ban? ahhh, wait... thats his belonging. Matha Facka...

Today Felling - Not pissing off lah, over and useless too. Tommorow is the day of "An Neong Ha Sei Yo" Cheer :P