Monday, May 29, 2006

Future Games Developer Seminar 1st Half

Ya...FGCS, a very great event, well at least I felt proud to be one of the event maker or commitee people called it. I think I just brief abit about it now.

I missed the breakfast. :| du.... ok. The very first thing, is the welcome speech by John Tan, CEO of Hatchings Games. This guy is always excited, and have something to talk and share. He gave a very good welcome note, let people to get relax and feeling of thing going to start soon. After that is Kevin, art director of Game Brains (top game developer company in Malaysia). He appear to be a bit nervous, i think, in the key note speech. But still, he delivered a very good kick start key note. Kevin talked alot about the game industry, the world market, and relative to Malaysia local industry. I was expected a "sad" talk (cos malaysia situation is, agreeable that, is sad). Erm, I was wrong, Kevin gave a very excitement and hopeful talk, he keep pushing that now is the very right time to get into the inductry. well, I do hope he is true.

After that was Micheal Ooi, lead game designer of Phoenix games studio. The one who lead Fung Weng Online, the very first MMOG developer by Malaysia company and people. (clap your hand plzz....). He session is, mainly about Q&A, actually today's talks mainly is Q&A lah, but it still cool, since all the question got the good answer and satisfy answer i guess. I missed up the game design discussion, since at the middle of the session, Key(Hatchlings COO) called me out to meet this guy from Microsoft Malaysia, named Walter.

Erm, I have to describe abit the meeting with Walter since I just like, happened to be his "traning dummy before the speech" because the thing he talked to me personally is the thing he going to present later. At least i am the 1st hand holder than, hehe. Well, what he talk to me personally. Actually is what I'd i asked about windows thing to him. Windows Vista, is going to launch officially this Nov or Dec, but the actual date that we can buy that product is next year 2007 February, he so confident about it, so, i guess that is the date, windows user heard that? :p

(i like to type more, but... my arm is getting pain and tired, sorry, will continue once i get my hand back)

To be continue...