Sunday, August 13, 2006

Day 2 Part 1

Before I continue...

Previous post seem really long. Everyone said that (not sure if anyone complain that except Cheong). I knew this do nothing to gamedev thingy but this is very worth to be record down. So that I can enjoy back the mood and feeling brought back from the trip. 2nd Day post will be crazy long, was going to split it into two. My bloging speed become slower and slower since I start care about the grammar and thing to type. Think today I just type whatever come across my mind since I just wake up from 3 hours night sleep, strange feeling.

Day2 - Fresh Morning

Early in the morning - 6:30am. After last night Forest Orchestra, our room was playing HandPhone version one. I can heard at least 3 handphone alarm is ringing at that time but no one willing to wake up, including me :P. Min Bee is the one jump up and open the light, then everyone only willing to sit up. The room is much more colder than the 1st moment we got into that room, I think it because we were in middle of rain forest. I think the best place to wake up is in the middle of jungle, air very fresh, cold and clear morning. It enlighten people mood.

All of us finish brushing ourselves very quickly and went to the river side to enjoy the morning breeze. Nusa Camp has a very special enter way. Infront of it is a very large Rock area in the middle of river, this made the river who squeeze to the side become a rapid river. Boat will need to "shoot" that rapid and make a 'U' turn to get to Nusa Camp. (my direction skill seem weak).

We went down the rock area to grab some beautiful morning picture and touch the water while waiting for the breakfast to ready. Nothing much happended down there. But we took this funny picture :) For information, Sesat is Malay language and it mean "lost" in English. At first we just wanna joke around and play with the picture. But Josh did a good work in editing this picture and I think everyone face is damn suit. So...put it on here.

The picture at the right side is the taken by Kuan when everyone finished a very...time consuming breakfast. Imagine that, around 30 people wanting to eat breakfast, and there are only 2 bread toaster, mean 4 toast per time. everyone average want 2 toast and it take around 30 sec to toast one. So the queue is just funny, waiting everyone to toast the bread. The buffet food is always insufficient, I guess the boss of this restaurant like to give surprise to the customer. They keep serving addition food one by one when all the food finish in the tray. To save cost may be but it make very ugly action like us...such as, when something come out, Min Bee will go and take half of them and gave it to everyone on the table while all the foreigner thought she can eat so much :P

Adventurous Trail but disappointed Fall

According to what the package arranged by us, we suppose to get moving to a place named hill Warisan for hill hiking. But after discussing among ourselves and with our guide - Ajax. We decide to go another trail which lead to a water fall named - Abai. Ajax gave us a very brief map for the way to the fall. That map helped a lot. So 8 of us move on ourselves into another trail without anyone else. Before this we thinking to go to that fall in the early of morning, now I am relief we didn't do that, else find me on the newspaper.

This trail is 3KM long, path is very obvious at the 1st part but it getting blur and need to find marking to go on at the last part. 1st part is just walking in the jungle, with soil and tree around us. The 1st leech victim of the day is Ms Yoon if I not mistaken :P. But we are well prepare today with Yin Yee medicine and always have check point for everyone to check their body for leech on the way to the fall. We need to cross river for 4 times in this trail. 1st crossing is peanut, 2nd crossing is 2nd tougher which just a 2 feet big rock to keep your shoes from getting wet. 3rd crossing not that hard but here is where I wet my shoes for 1st time. 4th crossing is tough which u need holding a rope to actually cross the river safety (William cross without rope and got himself both wet shoes :p).

I think the only thing the girls most worry on this trail is Leech. Ms Yoon was panic at the second bite, Min Bee keep find leech on the floor, Yin Yee was very worry of it. They keep checking out their shoes, shock, bag for the leech, alien creature huh? :p. We came across with a Orang Asli village on the way to the fall. It just one house there (Wonder how it called a village, may be other house hidden inside). the Orang Asli there was playing guitar...yes...guitar. Orang Asli village is the middle point of the trail. We rest and took the best picture there with the help of Orang Asli (best picture in my opinion and this is my wallpaper now :).
Path after the village is getting tougher. This is the toughest jungle tracking trail I ever walk. Up and down become more and harder to climb. Path become hardly visible and need to find marking or rope to go on. Some of the part need to climb big rock with the help of rope which ready there. There once I knock on a very big spider web, the spider built the web and block the entire path and she is huge :| (but we are bigger...so...her house was destroyed by me).

Before we saw Abai Fall, the last last part is climbing up a very big rock then can felt the big disappointment :( . 3KM of tough trail and we meet this "Fall" in the picture. It just took me 1KM at Poring,Ranau for a waterfall which is 3 times higher than this. Anyway, the trail is enjoyable anyway. We spent sometimes at the fall, taking pictures, swim (I'd swim to the fall, it's deep), check leech (A stupid leech dead when sucking my blood and cause my sock and shoes in bloody red!!). But not much time spent since we are late and get back on track very fast. We're quite rush on the way back to the campsite but I did lead the group to wrong direction once :P what a lame scout. When we got back, everyone finish their lunch already, we're last again.

End of part I

Day 2 is very happening day. Another half is even better. I need to split this up in case one post is too long and people get bored and start skiping. In order not to miss fun part, so take time and read this separately will be better :) Ok...here I going to post next blog

Yesterday Feeling -->> (Forgot to post this at previous post, but I remember the feeling) Lonely and missing the trip so much !!!