Friday, August 04, 2006

Next Step

It's cold morning

Recently Malaysia is rainy. It's feeling good to wake in the raining morning, everthing seem beutiful and fresh (except for the cold which always keep me inside my blanket :P). The sun is lazy this week, but... I enjoy the day without burning hot sun, hehe.

It's morning again and I am here typing my blog which related to dreaming again ( as jia vui comment my previous blog which need time to digest what is the true meaning of that ). I love to plan my day a little bit at the morning when i woke up, and always morning is the best time to figure some plan or solution (coding i mean).

Steps

It's been 10 weeks since I first blogging, as I review back, I dare to say that I improved my game dev skill and experience which I think is the greatest growth compare to any other time. From zero Direct X to making simple bouncing ball. From no-one in GDC to someone who responsible for game dev activity. From ordinally programming student to champion of ACM. From someone just knew 5 language to someone knew 6 language.

Ermm.....why it's like showing off...omg. Actually I just want to know where is my step now and where to go in the next step. So...What is the next step? I not someone who will have a very clear vision of long term. I like "see one step, walk one step" style of planning because life is unpredictable and too much change or fail of plan seem demoralising and becoming something forgivable for myself... which is unforgivable.

I was once read a book which wrote about planning, and it emphasize on setting short term and easy to achieve objective in life. Keep rewarding yourself and get self-motivated for a bigger and longer plan. One last 5 years plan seem far away and get nothing until then while a lot of distraction will happen in the path of life. Set middle or short term goal which lead to the last plan, and make sure the short term goal is achievable and reachable. Accomplish them step by step and reward yourself (Feeling happy and shared the success already a nice reward i guess ).

Kuan's Step

Talked so much, what's in my mind? I'm someone who never satisfied and believe there's always room for improvement (actually it's not a room, it's a city), but I am someone who never feeling "not enough" for what I'd done so far. Strange? I guess so, I have no idea how to describe it...

I think I having problem to explain myself today morning?? By the way, just wanna mark my plan for the future days...
  • Get back my feeling in SexyFrameWork, which is PopCap framework for C++ doing simple 2D game. This is for ready my final game of BeeGame.
  • Keep the plan working and succeeding in GDC for second half of 1st sems.
  • Read some book...finish it...
  • Enjoy the break :P Taman Negara! I am coming!!
Today Feeling <> It's Holiday :)