Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Flash Workshop & Game Design Workshop & B&B Steamboat & WCG

Lazy Kuan delayed and delayed his blog again! I really getting lazy to blog? Nah! I just hardly take my breath, sit down there and start typing the thing I want to record down. Recently flooded with assignments, test, events and enjoyment time :P. It seem that my room missed me so much that i normally just spend 6/7 hours with it, and my laopo too :( . What's busy? hehe, here they are.

Flash Workshop

Ya~ the very first event of GDC this year. Directed by Leong Kee, and his helpful Sub-Comm - Norman (Terrence Chi's brother ah! At MMU wo, hehe), Shuqi (another great "flasher"), Jia vui (0007...not you...dun perasan! wuahahha, same name wo :P ). And sure, don't forget William, Iris, John, Key who help out the event also :D ( I am sorry if i missed someone...really scary to put people name since I am damn forgetful). I not sure if the workshop is a good one but I am sure it is a successful one. For me, it's objective achieved which is let the beginner get their starting hand on flash and hopefully they will keep playing with it.

Workshop is two days. As usual, few of the participants didn't turn up, some of the 1st day participant didn't turn up on the second day. Nevermind, we still did our best and try to deliver as much knowledge as possible to the people who interested and want to learn. I hope all of them learn something and did share some of the flash out if they make some.

Game Design Workshop

Last saturday was this second event of GDC game dev. This is relative bigger event compare with flash workshop and the guess is Big People from the industry such as Josh (Dragonback's CEO ? plz fix me...), Max (GM of Code Master, Malaysia), Mike Ooi (Lead game designer of Feng Weng Online. Sound familiar? refer to 2nd blog of mine, hehe), James (someone from MDV, he's quite big but I forgot the position...) and many more. The guess seem good...but the participant seem abit dissapointed since near 40% of participant didn't turn up.

Still, this event is a successful one. Great event, great speaker and great setup. Too bad I can't share any picture of that day since I not getting one myself. Will update this after I got some. hehe. The bad thing about me is, I can't fully join the event and actually missed some important part since I had a Java lab test at the same time (And I used all 120 mins in it..unbelievable...).

B&B Steamboat party!

Wah ha! B & B finally appear at my blog! Beuty and the Beast - Group of Taman Negara gang. We came out with this idea at someday I steamboat at SK with Min Bee, Willaim and Leongi. It's funny that we spend some time there to decide the group name. Well, now I am member for LsL, HLG, GnL and B&B. wuahahah (SSing....). Ok, back to the steamboat. Thie Steamboat is mean to gather back the Taman Negara Trip gang to chit chat, eat something and...dunno what liaw.

We chose to have our own steamboat. We did a lot of preparation, Such as... Min Bee brought a lot of stuff from her hometown one week before. William's dad so kind that he drive to MMU just to give us table, the steamboat's "boat". Shopping council who go Alamanda in the early of morning to buy food (but so bad that we buy 15 ppl food for a 9 ppl gathering :P ). William who stay alone at Min Bee house to cook soup and cut chilies (Salute!). Eddie and Alfred Cut Vege at Bao Bao (their house...). Ms Yoon brought some Malaysia's KimChi (I think she brought for Josh, he finished them! ).

It's a bit tedious and tiring to actually made a homemade steamboat, but I think it is 100% more fun then drive my car go out there and eat. We enjoy the night very much, chit chat, play some lame magic (by Kuan again, wuahahah). Ms Yoon and Leong Kee just cannot get the clue until everyone made it damn obvious (Ms.Yoon may be becuase of cultural and background...Leong Kee.... :P ). Well, beside of playing lame thing, something interesting and exciting happen in the middle of the eat, it's Eddie Concert!!! Can sing some Korean Song in front of a korean, I think he really enjoy it :p

Problem arise at the end of the steamboat party, a lot of food left! Everyone was full until cannot move already. So we gave up continue and start cleaning up thing. After things were settle, we sit together to sign the white wine and red wine bottle drank at taman negara. We gather everyone signature on the bottle and leave it as memory of Taman Negara. hehe.

Got some life...

b
Life recently is...busy? Fantastic? Exciting? Not so sure but I did enjoyed my life very much. Sunday just went KLCC one noon to watch WCG with Kent and Shyang. Yesterday night just went Sunway Pyramid watch movie with Ms Yoon, Min Bee, William and Josh. Just now just played almost 3 hours Tennis. Tommorow going to celebrate Ah Seng Birthday at Setapak (Don't get me wrong, Bday, not Nday). MANY assignments, some test next week, some ACM training, some GDC event, some other things. I do hope I can blog soon about my BeeGame.

Today Feeling ****** Shoulder pain lahhh, someone massage? Tennis is my latest favourite sport now :P