Friday, July 14, 2006

MMU GDC AGM

Multimedia University Games Developer Club Annual General Meeting

h
Reporting in! Seem this post is a bit expired, the event was over for 24 hours! "As a vice president and you delay one day to report the AGM?" ahhh, wait...c'mon, it's my blog. Okay, Okay, enough SS (syok sendiri : Malay Language, means having fun with myself). William did wrote a very good blog about the event, so, for more information please refer to his blog - Billy's blog at my MMU's Friend's Blog links and I don't need to blog for it anymore, thats all... I guess if I SS somemore, I'll lose all my page impression today onwards.

"GDC 3rd AGM is the best AGM that GDC ever have" said ex-president of GDC John Tan at 12 July 2006, 10:oopm. Well, GDC Hi-Comm, please give ourself a loud applause. Beside that, John is the most important people who made this AGM such a successful night, so, loud applause to John too. My personal opinion for this AGM... it's cool! GDC have 200++ members ( I always forgot the actual number...) this year and 50+ turned up for the AGM, I guess this number stil acceptable ?



The night start ealier than I expected, some new member came earlier than 8p.m., wow! The meeting start with John's talk about GDC's history, mainly is about what GDC last year did. Last year GDC did some event, and they are all successful. John did dig some bad incident too and told to the crowd, hope won't scare them away. lol. After John was Iris president talk, then is my talk, then is Syefri talk with the Gaming events, then back to me to talk about the Game Developing Events. I don't think I did a well talk anyway but I made a lot of promises that night, Oh My God...

The crowd obviously are getting bored after all the talks or may be my talk really bore :( . The last event of the meeting is a ice breaking game. I don't think we have a concete idea of how to make this ice breaking game is running, just John having some rough idea of dividing the crowd into Game Designer, Game Programmer, Game Artist and Gamer(Judges). After me little advice, we decided that the game will be each game designer go to the programmers and artist side to search for group members. Actually this works like the real life do, game designer finding team to work out the idea. Each group going to discuss and come out with a idea of game in 7 mins and try to sell the game to the judges (judges is GDC's gamers!) in 3 minutes.

The game was going on a lot better than I can imagine. Every groups were discussing seriously, each game designer really doing a very good job by leading and making the group members talk. I was impress by the situation and I think this is the best ice breaking game i can ever see (actually this only apply to club like us...). Every members in the group knew each other after that, and every audicance got a chance to do something finally. (Picture : Zaki's group selling their game).

This AGM really a good one. I'm happy with it, thanks for all the people who made this happen. Sure, attendees who attended it. Hope my bi-weekly gathering will go on well like this. Ermm, seem i ending this, i gonna rush to William house to play Risk! Alferd took Eddie and Solid all the way to Midvalley to buy it, how dare I turned down the invitation? :P

Today Feeling - 0 - Sleepy day... Sleepless day