Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dream of dream

Dream and Vision and Life

Wow...seem serious topic? I wonder why I never talked about this thing in my blog. I used to be a person who like to talk about dream, ask people about vision and try to help someone with their life. May be Kuan seem not to be someone who talked about this for someone, or may be for somebody, its already boring to hear me say something about that.

Why out of a sudden I want to share these things out of my mind? Mainly it was John had a very long talk with me just now outside my house, we stood there for 2 hours and talked a lot of thing. He always have somehting to learn from :) Later was chatting with Ah Giat (my cousin brother at Sandakan, we're like best friend, live together, play together since my very young age.). We went into discussion of business and working life. It was already 3 years I was trying so hard to affect them to go out of Sandakan, come to KL or KK at Sabah to have a better chance of life. At the same time, was discuss some friendship problem, and the changes within us with Edmund. All those thing trigger a lot of my mind, after incubation in the bathing time, i try to share it out here with both eye droped on the desk.

Dream

How many people can actually tell someone "what is my dream?". I've learnt that people can believe that they can own their dream at the time I finish my SPM and start reading book of <> <<>> and start exploring into the world of Multi-Layer marketing world (I think this word is familiar to everyone). Honestly, I need to give my thank to Japson and DreamChaser. I think my life's biggest turning point was at the moment I finish my SPM and waiting to go KL study TARC. I start to dream, i start to think about money and life, i start to explore into business world. DreamChaser is a very good organization which actually taught me a lot of golden knowledge which I will never learn this in my school.

Frankly speakig, altought I had my dream that time, but actually it's not my dream. What I dream that time was, owning a big house, rich man, big car, help people to get rich( ya, familiar...MLM talked about this all the time). I was confused, not the right word, I should use "not satisfy" with my dream. Something beneath me telling me that I was wrong. Books and talks taught me to dream, and so...my self concious start dreaming too. It start digging my true mind for dream... Obviously...why am I making this blog? My dream is to make game!

Ya, my dream since young is being a game designer. What?! Everyone tought I wanted to be the best game programmer? Programming is my favourite thing in this world while to make a game which everyone like to play is my dream. For me, becoming a game programmer is the best path for me to get a chance to creating my own game. I did told someone in one of the GDC gatheting that I dreamed to make a new kind of genre...that still true :)

I never dreamed about I can involve in game making industry. I was taught since young that game is something bad, waste time. Go study and get a good job is the most right thing to do. Thanks to books and friends, i learn a better way.I not dare to jump straight to MMU to take SEGD as my 1st choice when i chosing University for further study because I cannot find reason and courage to convince my old mans to send me oversea to KL and study GAME.

So i ended up at TARC. Here comes a special conincident... Stephen Tang, lecturer in TARC who always with the game development burning in his heart held a game talk in tarc. After the talk, I made up my mind to study game and make game. Stephen's seminar reveal the industry and open up my mind that, games actually earn! And i ready to jump into it. So after Diploma of ISE in TARC, i shift to MMU to study game design, and here I am :)

My dream of making game is so clear that I start learning and involve myself into this. I seldom do that since I am quite lazy person anyway. But i never stop chasing after i knew the existance of the chance to make game.

It seem a bit boring....may be i was too sleepy and type something weird and personal since my brain doesnt work well now :P continute tomolo or soon...